1 Tablespoon Coarse Ground Cornmeal
¼ Cup Pizza Sauce
4 ounces Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
¼ Cup Sliced Black Olives
1 Can Anchovies
1/2 teaspoon Dried Basil or 12 Fresh Basil Leaves
- Prepare pizza dough according to package directions.
- Put the pizza stone into the oven and turn the oven up to the highest temperature. This will be around 500 degrees Fahrenheit on most home ovens.
- Sprinkle the corn meal onto the pizza peel (this helps the pizza to slide off the peel onto the stone). Move the crust to the peel.
- Using a small ladle put the pizza sauce onto the middle of the pizza crust. Starting in the middle, press the bottom of the ladle into the sauce and slowly start moving it outward in a spiral pattern, working your way out to the edge of the crust.
- Top the pizza with cheese, olives and anchovies.
- Using the peel move the pizza onto the stone.
- Cook for 6 ½ minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven using the peel.
- Let the pizza cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add the basil and cut into 6 pieces.