This is a great make ahead recipe for a healthy make ahead breakfast on the go!
Overnight oats are great because they have tons of fiber which keeps you full longer. This one has protein and good fats from the peanut butter, which also helps you stay full longer. The chocolate adds a rich flavor that satisfies even the pickiest of eaters. Make it in a mason jar and it’s portable!
- 1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 Cup Evaporated Milk (See Notes)
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 TBSP Cocoa Powder
- 1 TBSP Peanut Butter
- 2 tsp Sugar (See Notes)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 TBSP Chocolate Chips
- Optional: Top with Chocolate Chips, Peanuts and/or Chocolate Syrup
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Store overnight, covered, in the refrigerator.
- In the morning, add optional toppings and enjoy!
Notes: In place of the evaporated milk, you can substitute fresh milk, soy milk, almond milk or whatever milk you prefer. Just keep in mind it might affect the flavor slightly. If you substitute the evaporated milk, use 1/2 Cup of the substituted milk and do not use the water.
The Sugar can also be replaced with another sweetener like honey or maple syrup, again keeping in mind the flavor might be affected.